Complete Wiring Kit – 1956-62 Corvette For
- Chevrolet Corvette 1956
- Chevrolet Corvette 1957
- Chevrolet Corvette 1958
- Chevrolet Corvette 1959
- Chevrolet Corvette 1960
- Chevrolet Corvette 1961
- Chevrolet Corvette 1962
Classic Update Kits give you one of the most complete kits on the market to “Make Wiring THAT Easy”. They are designed for specific year, make, and model configurations. The 1953-1962 Chevy Corvette Kit is no exception. The kit boasts 14 features making it the most complete system of its type in the industry including:
- A replacement headlight switch with internal 30-amp circuit breaker, fixed length shaft, and ‘53-‘56 style knob (58-62 owners can use their original knob and shaft assembly).
- Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher, and horn relay mounted on harness.
- NEW compact ATO-Style fuse panel that is fully encased in a closed box assembly with coverlid and mounts on the inside firewall in the stock location (mounting hardware included). The fuse coverlid is labeled on the inside identifying all circuits by description and their respective fuse ratings. All high amperage output circuits incorporate the same superior spring steel reinforced terminals that are used in our Highway Series kits.
- Harness is laid out and formed to allow for nearly all after market accessories such as; electric gauge packages, heat and air conditioning systems, updated wiper systems, etc.
- Many original switch connector bodies – an American Autowire exclusive feature.
- Steering column connectors can plug directly into most aftermarket steering columns or stock 1963-62 Corvette columns using the adapter and terminals included in the kit.
- Correct original style under dash courtesy lamp assemblies are included.
- Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a “cluster harness disconnect” system for easy service and assembly. Original terminals and connectors (another American Autowire exclusive) are provided for stock cluster connections. The system will also connect into most popular aftermarket gauges such as CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, DAKOTA DIGITAL, AUTOMETER, VDO, and others.
- Rear body harness assembly plugs into the main harness at the left kick panel location and our longer leads allow for stock or custom routing of the wires. Rear body wiring includes stop and tail light lead wires along with dis-connectable tail lamp extensions that include the proper “twist in” style tail lamp sockets. A license plate lamp lead and socket, as well as fuel tank sender and dedicated sender ground leads are also included. (An optional backup light kit that includes lead wires and sockets is also available)
- New floor dimmer switch is provided for ease of installation. Wire length and connection accommodate original floor mount dimmer switch.
- Engine wiring includes feeds for coil, tach, water temperature, oil pressure, electric choke, and electric speedometer (if needed). A heavy gauge alternator feed and fusible link are also included for any typical high output 1 wire or internally regulated alternator. Connectors supplied for power and tach leads for GM style H.E.I. distributors along with various oil and temp senders.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads that can be routed for stock or optional appearances. All head light, parking light, and directional light leads, along with a switched trigger wire for an electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC) are provided. Mating terminals and connectors are also provided for you to complete your custom installation.
- New headlight bucket extension harnesses that include the grommets, clamps, and loom are also included. Services both dual and quad headlight systems.
- New ignition switch with indexed connector included.